Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Attention new walkers/runners!

Listening to runners talk is inspiring, isn't it? When Sean Astin talks so passionately about his runs, his excitement is contagious! It kinda makes you want to get out there and try running a 5k yourself, doesn't it? Well, what are you waiting for? Now is the time to try! You CAN do it!

A 5K is a race that equals 5 kilometers (or approximately 3.1 miles). In almost every local community, you can usually find a number of 5K races throughout the year. As #run3rd Team Captain, I have decided to run a local race called Ele's Race 5K Run/Walk in Okemos, Michigan. The race raises money for a healing center for grieving children. The race day is Sunday, July 22. I'm encouraging anyone who is interested to join me, no matter where you are in your walking/running experience! Let's #run3rd this!

To "join me", you do NOT have to join the same race in Okemos, Michigan. Just plan on doing a 5K race in your community around the same time! We'll train "together" and collect our #run3rd dedications as we train!

This is a link to a great couch to 5K program. If you start training now, you would have enough time to work your way up to a 5K by race day, even if you're starting from sitting around on the couch!! And this isn't the only couch to 5K program out there - there are many more. Just do a google search and pick your favorite! These programs do a wonderful job of easing you into running, so anyone can do it. If you prefer to plan on walking a 5K, that is great too! Whatever gets you out on that course is perfect!

If you want to follow me on Twitter @Rocksicle_Lover, I'll post updates on my trainings. I'm concurrently training for a half-marathon in September, so don't be surprised if you see me doing more miles than you on any given day. Stick to YOUR training program! I also have a blog where I post my experiences trying to get in shape. Over the next two months, I'm going to be focusing on the #run3rd race, so you can keep up on activites there too!

You can do this! #run3rd for taking a risk! #run3rd for living life to the fullest! #run3rd for your health!

I #run3rd for you!

Heather Slawinski
@Rocksicle_Lover

No comments:

Post a Comment