Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Apple Valley Fall Festival Reverse Sprint Triathlon race report

Submitted by Heather Stewart @captainstewie

I TRIed and SUCCEEDED! (And I did it in reverse!)

When I started getting healthier, I started realizing I could do more than I thought. After discussing it with some friends I decided to attempt a triathlon. BUT, I had some rules:
  • It had to be a sprint. This means it’s a 5K, 14ish mile bike ride and short swim
  • It had to be a pool swim. I wasn’t ready or willing to train in open water yet
  • It had to be reverse. For my first time I wanted to swim last since I wasn’t accustomed to running and biking soaking wet.
Lo and behold what should come across my email but a Schwaggle coupon for a Reverse Sprint Triathlon, about an hour away from my home, for $27.

Sold! I signed up with some friends and training commenced… kind of.

Read the rest of the report at Heather's blog, stRUNg out.


No comments:

Post a Comment