Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Nike Women's Half Marathon Race Report

Submitted by Heather Stewart @captainstewie

Nike Women’s Half Marathon 10/14/2012

There were a few reasons why I was super excited to do this race…
  1. It’s HARD to get in to. They draw people by a lottery. I didn’t get in through the lottery, but found a loophole since I am a student. 
  2. It is in San Francisco…the city of my birth…kind of my hometown. Although I grew up in Southern California I spent my early years and EVERY significant holiday in the Bay Area. I found the idea of “going back to my roots” intriguing.
  3. THE BLING!!! This race is geared towards women and they know how to get our attention….a Tiffany finishers necklace…complete with little blue box and satin ribbon…oh and let’s have a fireman in a tuxedo hand it to me…  Really?  You don’t say NO to that! [Indeed not!]

Read the rest of the report on Heather's stRUNg out runner blog. It's worth it! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment