Thursday, March 21, 2013

Heather's LA Marathon Race Report

Submitted by Heather Stewart @captainstewie

Finding My Joy Part 2

I’m having a really rough time writing this.  I just have SO many emotions regarding finishing my first full marathon that I’m not sure where to start. So, I apologize for the length of this post, but I feel like I have to listen to the King from Alice in Wonderland and “Begin at the beginning… and go on until I come to the end: then stop.”   Funnily enough, that’s just what we do when we run… we go until we come to the end…

Decisions
I’m not sure when I decided I was truly going to do a marathon. Apparently, I’m the catalyst for my friends signing up. (I remember this as a group decision, but I’m sure that’s not the case.) I wrote a blog somewhere in the first year of my journey to lose weight and one of the goals was: “I want to run a marathon (in theory).” When that turned in to a reality, I’m not entirely sure.

But it did.

Ditto and I decided we would sign up for the LA Marathon. It’s one of the premier marathons in the US and it showcases Los Angeles and the cities beautifully with its “Stadium to the Sea” course. The race begins at Dodger Stadium, runs through famous cities and landmarks like Hollywood Blvd., the Sunset Strip and Rodeo Drive, and ends at the Beach. So, when registration opened in October of last year, we signed up and committed to a training plan. Very soon the third member of Team Ditto, Sue, joined us.


Read the rest of the story here…

No comments:

Post a Comment